First Look


Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Arbaaz's New Role As A Producer

Arbaaz Khan is all set for a new innings. The year 2008 has been a turning point in his career. After winning accolades for his performance in WOODSTOCK VILLA, JAANE TU... YA JAANE NA and now FASHION, Arbaaz is readying for a new role: Film producer!

To start with, Arbaaz has already floated his film production concern called Arbaaz Khan Productions. His maiden venture, scripted-directed by Abhinav Kashyap [Anurag Kashyap's brother], will star elder brother Salman Khan in the lead. "Actually, Abhinav had approached me initially. He wanted me to act in his film. I decided to produce it instead," Arbaaz informs me.

Was it easy getting Salman for the principal role? "Had he [Salman] disliked the script, he would've told me right away to work on something else. But he was floored when he heard the narration. He hasn't portrayed a role like this so far and was game for it instantly," Arbaaz divulges.

The leading lady is under finalisation currently. "Either we go for a fresh face, who's supremely talented or we go for an established name, who's a powerful actress. We've yet to take a call on that. Will I act in the film? I might! I think I may settle for one of the key roles," Arbaaz says.

No comments:

© 2007-2008 IndianMasalaNews.blogspot.com, All rights reserved.